A few days after the publication on the net of the complete technical data sheet of the RTX 4070, thanks to a Romanian reseller the range of GeForce RTX 40 for laptops that NVIDIA could launch shortly.
Specifically, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090, RTX 4080, RTX 4070, RTX 4060 Mobility have been found in some gaming laptops of the HP Omen line, and as you can see in the screenshot below, the HP OMEN 17 is configured with the 13th generation Intel Raptor Lake-HX and accompanied by the NVIDIA GeForce RTX Series GPU 40. The proposed configuration also sports a 17.3-inch display with a QHD or FHD option and up to 32 gigabytes of DDR5 memory, but the most interesting aspect is given by the possibility of choosing between four RTX 40 GPUs.
As we will see directly in the price list below, the price difference between laptops with RTX 4060 and RTX 4090 is almost double:
- HP OMEN 17 (13700HX+RTX4090+32GB+1TB) = 18881 LEU (equal to 4030 US Dollars)
- HP OMEN 17 (13700HX+RTX4080+16GB+2TB) = 15855 LEU (equal to 3390 US Dollars)
- HP OMEN 17 (13700HX+RTX4080+16GB+512GB) = 14818 LEU ( equal to 3170 US Dollars)
- HP OMEN 17 (13700HX+RTX4070+16GB+1TB) = 11838 LEU (equal to 2530 US Dollars)
- HP OMEN 17 (13700HX+RTX4060+16GB+1TB) = 10587 LEU (equal to 2265 US Dollars)
- HP OMEN 17 (13700HX+RTX4060+16GB+512GB) = 10298 LEU (equal to 2200 US Dollars)
That list also lets us discover that the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 will come with 16GB of memory, the GeForce RTX 4080 12GB, and the GeForce RTX 4070 and 4060 will come with 8GB of memory.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 is expected to use the AD103 GPU core, while the RTX 4080 is expected to sport that of the AD104 GPU. As for RTX 4070 and RTX 4060, we can expect NVIDIA to use AD106 and AD107 GPUs.
Some reports that surfaced earlier spoke of a 30% performance improvement over the previous generation, with added DLSS3 capabilities and improved ray tracing. The announcement could come in January, alongside Intel’s next series of Raptor Lake-H CPUs.